This position is primarily responsible for ensuring all warranty claims are completed and submitted to suppliers on time and the claim is settled in full for the entire Service & Parts group. The incumbent will report to the General Manager – Service and Parts Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Service Team Leaders, Supervisors and Service Advisors in Heavy Service and Light Service on all warranty jobs to be performed and ensures that all information required for the claim submission is presented on the technician reports.
- Works with parts personnel to ensure all parts warranty claims are processed and claims are submitted to the relevant supplier in accordance with their warranty processes and procedures.
- Monitors changes to the suppliers warranty processes and procedures to always be aware of the correct process.
- Ensures that all claims are submitted in accordance with the suppliers’ policies, procedures and deadlines.
- Works with the Managers and Team Leaders in Service & Parts to ensure that parts and records required for possible inspection are properly and adequately stored and tagged for easy retrieval.
- Maintains all warranty records and files according to the supplier and company policies.
- Collaborates with the Supplier’s warranty personnel to ensure that all FT Farfan claims are being dealt with effectively.
- Collaborates with the Finance Department to reconcile the warranty account and prepares reports regarding refunds.
- Provides recommendations to the General Manager, Service and Parts, Managers and Team Leaders on improvements needed to warranty job management needed to ensure 100% claim refunds are received.
- Provides information to various personnel on the warranty coverage and terms and conditions of warranty offered by the Suppliers.
- Assists the Sales Team with explaining the warranty coverage and supplier terms and conditions when needed.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A Diploma in Business Management
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an administrative or similar role. Work experience without formal qualifications will be taken into considered.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written
- Team oriented
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision