The incumbent is responsible for the receipt and delivery of goods from the Warehouse to the Customer in a timely, orderly manner. This position reports to the Senior Warehouse Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Picks and verifies daily orders
- Assists with the check-off of goods for delivery to customers.
- Loads and offloads goods onto/off delivery vehicle
- Accompanies the Van Driver to customer location
- Packs and maintains shelves in the Warehouse
- Assists in the off-loading, checking and receiving of all goods for the Warehouse
- Assists in the verification goods received via varying modes of transportation i.e. air freight, sea freight, local shipment within the specified time.
- Assists with stock checks and stock check preparations
- Drives and maintains forklift when required
- Conducts housekeeping activities in the Warehouse and surrounding areas
- Adheres to all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Assists in ensuring that all accessories such as rope, strapping, tarpaulins and tools are secured.
- Any other duties assigned at Management’s discretion
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) O’Level CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar capacity
- A combination of qualifications and experience approved by Management
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team Oriented
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written