The incumbent is responsible for selling and promoting battery products and providing good customer service on the trade. This position reports to the Sales Manager - Consumer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Distributing, promoting and selling of the Division's products on the assigned route, while continuously seeking new opportunities for introducing new products to customers
- Maintaining working knowledge of all Company products, services, pricing and promotions
- Collecting cash and cheques for goods sold and submitting and same to the Company on a daily basis
- Merchandising of products daily
- Ensuring that company products and displays in stores are clean and tidy
- Ensuring the proper and adequate placement/replacement of displays where necessary
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and making recommendations based on the customer's needs
- Handling customer questions and complaints with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism
- Ensuring that all products are kept in good condition and are secured at all times
- Managing the returns process for goods which are banded, close to expire/expired, damaged or bug infested.
- Ensuring proper maintenance and upkeep of the Company's vehicle
- Performs other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of 3 CXC passes, inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a sales environment
- A valid Heavy Motor Vehicles driver’s license with a minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Good negotiation skills
- Team oriented
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision