The incumbent works alongside the Technicians and assists in repairing and ensuring the efficient functioning of equipment. This position reports directly to the Team Leader – CPG and EBU.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the basic, routine and required servicing of equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications both in the shop and off-site under supervision.
- Assist with diagnosing and solving basic problems from non-technical descriptions of the problem both in the shop and off-site.
- Works offsite on scheduled callouts.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform research for the repairs of jobs including identifying parts required by part number.
- Completes dealership-sponsored training within the specified timeframe
- Maintains updated knowledge of product and industry trends and methods.
- Responds to Call-out duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Adheres to ALL company HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Maintains proper housekeeping practices both during and after job completion.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Possesses a certificate in a related field of practice.
- A Minimum one (1) year experience in a related field of practice would be an considered an asset.
- Understanding the operations, diagnosis and maintenance of heavy equipment would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Team Oriented