This position is primarily responsible for assisting Technicians in executing assigned service jobs and performing basic service tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists Technicians with the servicing of equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications both on-site and off-site under supervision.
- Performs basic preventative maintenance tasks such as oil changes, recording parameters and visual inspections under direction of the Team Leader or assigned Technician.
- Completes all assigned dealership-sponsored training within the specified timeframe.
- Assists with the cleaning of equipment.
- Works offsite on scheduled callouts.
- Responds to Call-out duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week as required.
- Adheres to ALL company HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Maintains proper housekeeping practices both during and after job completion.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of two (5) CXC passes including Mathematics and English Language OR completion of basic Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical or equipment maintenance training from a recognized trade school program such as Servol or Civilian Conservation OR at least 1 to 3 years’ experience working in an equipment service environment.
- Demonstrates an ability and willingness to learn how to service, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Team Oriented.