TEAM LEADER – JCB, TRUCKS AND CRB
This position assists with the effective management and the daily operations of the JCB, Trucks, and Construction Division. The incumbent will report to the Division Manager – JCB, Rentals and Construction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces monthly reports relating to the Sales, Gross Profit, Profit, Cost and Inventory of the Division
- Monitors market trends and identifies new opportunities that add value to the core business
- Actively seeks to increase market share in line with Manufacturer’s set goals
- Communicates with vendors regarding custom solution applications, tender pricing, and other matters requiring special attention
- Assists with negotiations with suppliers to achieve better discount levels, co-op funding for advertising, elimination of inland freight etc.
- Appraises pricing policies to achieve best prices, packaging, minimum orders etc.
- Develops brand image by engaging in promotional and advertising activities
- Monitors displays of products at all branches to ensure availability and visibility.
- Maintains working knowledge of all company products, services, pricing and promotions
- Conducts Product Training at regular intervals and provides technical support to both internal and external customers
- Conducts demos of heavy equipment and accessories to customers
- Ensures that administrative tasks regarding transfers, the movement of goods, promotions, material request are processed within the stipulated time frame
- Works closely with all relevant departments to ensure successful delivery of products and services
- Assists in the recruitment and selection process of Employees within the Division
- Any other duties assigned by the Divisional Manager
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Tertiary Level qualification in Marketing or Industrial Disciplines OR
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- A valid Class 2 Driver’s License with the ability to operate Heavy Construction Equipment will be an asset
- Previous training from a supplier of Heavy Construction Equipment will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- An appreciation of the importance of legal and regulatory frameworks