The incumbent will be required to manage the overall performance of a Sales Team as well as departmental resources to
achieve departmental objectives and budgets. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability, covering sales, revenue and expense controls and realistic forecasts for each product and territory and sales promotion programme plan.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Works alongside the Sales Manager and Marketing Manager to develop and implement annual marketing strategies as well as analyses trends and results.
- Establishes, maintains and expands customer base by identifying opportunities for sales growth with new and existing customers.
- Develops and ensures compliance of Route-To-Market (RTM) process.
- Makes sales calls to assigned accounts and pays regular visits to the trade to ensure the Division is offering efficient and effective service
- Monitors sales trends of the distribution channel and keeps Sales Representatives fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future plans so that in-market activities can be implemented.
- Manages Accounts Receivables for assigned accounts and ensures compliance with company’s guidelines.
- Advises senior management on maximizing business relationships and creates an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Manages the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible.
- Monitors and motivates sales teams performance by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, incentive programmes and weekly cyclical sales meetings
- Manages Key Customer Relationships
- Attends trade meetings and industry conventions where required.
- Cultivates effective business relationships with executive decision makers in key accounts
- Coordinates Marketing activities with Product Specialist, Divisional Managers and Sales Managers
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Director
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent qualification in Sales or Marketing, Bachelor’s degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar or related position with at least three (3) years at a Supervisory level.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications.
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Team oriented.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving skills and techniques.