The incumbent is responsible for co-ordinating the Demand Planning and Procurement activities for the assigned division, culminating in a cost-efficient demand and supply network. This position reports to the Manager – Industrial Parts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze inventory reports and submit monthly suggested stock orders
- Monitor stock levels of fast moving and critical spares and submit replenishment stock orders
- Identify and submit recommendations for add-to-stock items
- Establish minimum re-order and maximum stocking levels
- Liaises with the Logistics Department on all open Purchase Orders and logistical issues and provides updates.
- Assist with parts sourcing where necessary.
- Monitor stock turns monthly and provides suggestions to Parts Manager to achieve optimal stock turn.
- Actively participates in the on-going efforts of SKU rationalization
- Assist in the creation of new SKUs
- Continuously utilizes experience/skills to develop and improve systems and methodologies
- Prepares and presents reports, and participates in monthly Supply Chain review meetings
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by the Manager/Director
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Level 6 CIPS/A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Purchasing and Logistics or in a Heavy Parts Operations.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications with advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
All applications are to be submitted no later than January 19th, 2023