SERVICE TRUCK OPERATOR
This position is responsible for the safe operation of the service truck for the delivery of goods and services to our customers within the stipulated timeframe and also provides support to service technicians as required. The incumbent will report to the General Manager – Service and Parts Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes the service truck to deliver and dispense diesel to customers as required.
- Ensures the diesel tanks are always secure and topped up to enable quick response to customers’ emergency needs.
- Submits daily reconciliation reports for the diesel on the truck or in storage on the compound at San Juan showing fuel present at beginning of day, amount dispensed per job and balance at the end of the day.
- Facilitates the delivery and collection of spare parts and equipment to and from other local suppliers required for service jobs or customers.
- Completes and submits signed off/ approved service reports to the relevant Service Advisor showing the quantity of diesel dispensed within 24 hours to ensure the fuel is picked on the job.
- Conducts daily and monthly maintenance checks on the Truck e.g. vehicle inspection, service intervals, lubrication, tire change and annual inspection etc. and submits reports as required.
- Responds to emergency call outs i.e. after stipulated hours of work, weekends, and public holidays for refuelling and breakdowns at various customer locations in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Assists technicians in the servicing of equipment as required.
- Conducts Preventative Maintenance Checks on equipment as required.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed.
- Adheres to all ISO Standards.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) O ’Level CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- A valid Heavy-T License.
- A valid defensive driving certificate.
- Experience with Mechanical repairs would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A Team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.