The incumbent is responsible for repairing motor powered equipment in keeping with departmental policies and procedures. The incumbent reports to the Retail Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Servicing and repairing of motor powered equipment.
- Assembling new equipment for sale.
- Performing the necessary service for offsite visits and service campaigns.
- Providing support as an assistant to Field Service Technicians as required.
- Completing estimates for jobs.
- Calling customers to receive approval for jobs
- Forwarding the required parts listing to the Branch Manager to arrange for picking.
- Completing the Technician Worksheet on the job card.
- Any other duties assigned at Management’s discretion.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) CXC or GCE passes or
- N.E.C. certification either in Auto and Diesel technician or certificate from a recognized Technical Institution or
- Two (2) years’ experience in the relevant field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.