The incumbent is responsible for protecting and securing the company’s compound staff, products, machinery, equipment and vehicles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the entry and departure of all customers and other persons entering the Company’s premises.
- Ensures the protection of items, equipment and machinery located at the Warehouse.
- Inspects all delivery vehicles leaving the compound during working hours.
- Checks all invoices, delivery notes or inter warehouse transfers against actual items leaving the compound.
- Checks all vehicles leaving the compound after hours.
- Performs random checks on customers leaving the compound with goods and ensure they provide an invoice or delivery note to be checked and stamped ‘Security Checked’.
- Oversees and ensures proper parking of all vehicles in the appropriate areas for employees and customers.
- Handles any situation which appears to be a breach of security or illegal activity including conducting searches of any person suspected of stealing.
- Ensures the security of all external doors.
- Inspects security systems to make sure they are working and that there has been no tampering.
- Responds to alarms and investigates problems.
- Prepares reports on any security problems, such as property damage, theft or unusual events.
- Reports any irregularities or problems to the Manager in a timely manner.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of three (3) CXC passes including English and Mathematics Or
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in security or law enforcement
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
All applications are to be submitted no later than January 19th, 2023