The incumbent is responsible for promoting and marketing the company’s lubricants products and providing good customer service. This position reports to the Sales Manager – Consumer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes and sells the Division’s products, continuously seeking new opportunities for introducing products to customers
- Places the customers’ orders and following up on delivery of products
- Handles customer questions, complaints and billing queries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism
- Manages customers’ accounts within the limits of the credit facilities offered to them, in accordance with Company policy
- Collects revenue and makes adjustments to customers’ accounts where necessary
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity reports such as:- daily visit reports and territory analyses that align to their respective routes set by the Sales Manager
- Monitors in-store displays of products to ensure visibility of products
- Oversees the day to day activities with the down trade market within stipulated geographical area, ensuring that all accounts are serviced according to schedule
- Verifies inventory wherever the Company’s products are sold and ensuring availability of product
- Assists in implementing advertising/promotional campaigns
- Continually maintains working knowledge of all Company products, services, pricing and promotions
- Makes recommendations according to customers’ needs
- Maintains and shares working knowledge of competitors products, services, pricing and promotions
- Manages returns from the trade in an objective manner within the company’s policies
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) CXC passes including Mathematics and English Language
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a sales environment
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of applications
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Negotiation skills
- Local travel requires that the candidate owns a reliable vehicle and uses same for customer site visits as required.
- A valid Driver’s permit.