With general direction from the Division Manager, this position requires the individual to provide superior customer service, complete sales transactions and other merchandise transactions according to company procedures. This position reports to the Division Manager – JCB, Trucks, Rentals and Construction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotion and sales of the Company's products, continuously seeking new opportunities for introducing products to customers.
- Placement of customers' orders and light delivery of products.
- Makes recommendations according to customers' needs.
- Handles customer questions, complaints and billing queries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
- Manages the customer's accounts within the limits of the credit facilities offered to them in accordance with Company Policy.
- Places and confirms part orders of products and equipment.
- Maintains working knowledge of all company products, services, pricing and promotions.
- Assists in the implementation of advertising/ promotional campaigns to improve sales.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by the Director/ Manager of the Division.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Five (5) CXC O’Level passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a sales and/or service environment, with proven technical expertise in industrial equipment servicing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work either in a team or independently in a fast paced environment.
- Local travel requires that the candidate owns a reliable vehicle and uses same for customer site visits as required.
- A valid Driver’s permit.