This incumbent is responsible for the processing of payroll, ensuring proper allocation of charges to all divisions and maintaining relationships with statutory agencies on the company’s behalf. This position reports to the Finance Director/Corporate Secretary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes monthly payroll, pay slips and commission statements.
- Updates changes to remunerations and deductions in accordance with company’s policy and statutory regulations.
- Maintains and controls payroll master files.
- Processes commissions of salesmen and divisional managers on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and remits all statutory deductions to the relevant agencies before the 15th day of each month.
- Prepares and remits all monthly deductions to the relevant agencies before month end.
- Processes journals from sub ledger to general ledger.
- Ensures that salaries are processed on a timely basis so it is credited to employee’s accounts on the 25th of each month.
- Reconciles all payroll accounts and GI accounts monthly.
- Prepares and distributes TD4 slips by the end of February on an annual basis.
- Approves all staff and intercompany purchases.
- Approves all Term Finance Loans.
- Applies for National Insurance Compliance certificate monthly.
- Applies for Income Tax Compliance certificate every six months.
- Prepares monthly Health Surcharge and Income Tax Returns.
- Ensures all payroll documents are filed properly for easy retrieval.
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five O’ Level Passes including Maths & English.
- ACCA level II or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position in a similar environment.
- Experience with Micro Pay will be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff within the organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Team oriented.
- The ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment with specific deadlines.