To assist in all inventory activities and transactions within the Inventory Department. The incumbent reports to the Inventory Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes and files all manual inventory transactions, on the company’s database (e.g. Delivery Notes, Inter Warehouse Transfers, and Stock Adjustments).
- Ensures all Foreign Purchases are costed correctly before receiving item/s onto the inventory database.
- Receives all Local Stock Purchases onto the inventory database.
- Updates both receiving logs (K.P.I Receipt Log & C.P. Inventory Clearing Accounts Reconciliation Log) after receiving items purchased.
- When an inventory variance is identified, investigates, seeks approval and makes the necessary correction to the inventory on the database.
- Assists in spot checks (physical counts) of inventory items.
- Assists in the preparation for stock taking exercise and the update of physical count information on computer database.
- Audits all transaction books (e.g. Delivery Note, Inter Warehouse Transfer and Goods Return) for documents not passed to the Inventory Department, and requests the document from the relevant Department.
- Asists in the pricing and re-pricing of inventory on the company’s database.
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of five (5) C.X.C. O’ Level passes inclusive of English and Mathematics.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ work experience in a similar work environment.
- Certification in Materials Management (e.g. C.I.P.S.) or its equivalent will be an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.