The incumbent is responsible for planning, directing, managing and overseeing the implementation and administration of the Human
Resource Department’s policies, programs and practices, to ensure the achievement of established goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to the Group Head of Human Resources but also works closely with the Managing Director on all Human Resource Department activities.
- Develops HR policies and procedures and drives compliance by advising and assisting division/departmental managers on their interpretation and administration.
- Manages all recruitment activities ensuring the use of best practices and the standardization of recruitment processes and procedures.
- Manages the appropriate use and applicability of all staff benefits and entitlements, ensuring they are consistent with corporate strategic goals.
- Advises on manpower plans to ensure the optimal staffing levels for current and future business.
- Coaches, counsels and trains employees/management so as to create and maintain effective levels of performance and ensure the application of disciplinary measures is consistent with good labour relations practices.
- Manages all IR and disciplinary matters in line with best IR practices, in order to promote high employee engagement and ensure a stable and peaceful labour environment.
- Ensures thorough investigation of employee complaints, and develops appropriate procedures to resolve complaints swiftly and amicably.
- Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees to promote employee satisfaction and engagement ensuring the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values are institutionalized in day-to-day operations.
- Manages the compensation structure and develops appropriate incentive systems and reward and recognition programs ensuring they are consistent with company policies and philosophies.
- Manages the Performance and Talent Management Systems and makes improvement recommendations as appropriate, ensuring employees’ KPIs are aligned with business objectives for the achievement of high levels of manpower productivity and performance.
- Develops appropriate employee career planning and succession planning initiatives as well as strategies for the retention of key talent.
- Oversees the effective implementation of the Training and Development programme and implements systems to capture the transfer of learning from the training provided.
- Develops and maintains the Company’s manual of approved policies and procedures.
- Provides support in change management / continuous improvement initiatives, leading. specific initiatives as appropriate.
- Plans, directs and coordinates work activities of the HR team, challenging and motivating staff to consistently achieve extraordinary results.
- Produces Departmental reports for use by the Senior Management Team, Executive Management Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Oversees and co-ordinates all Human Resource Information System (HRIS) activities ensuring the maintenance of records systems and the integrity of all data input and output.
- Performs other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
Academic Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional-level HR experience with at least one (1) of those years at a managerial level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and any other related software.
- Knowledge of best practice HR processes.
- Knowledge of Trinidad and Tobago labour laws.