This position is ultimately responsible for the safe operation of all crane or hoisting operations, and for the delivery of goods and services to our customers within the stipulated timeframe. This position reports directly to the Team Leader.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks, loads and secures the vehicle daily.
- Ensures that rental equipment is function tested prior to loading.
- Operates the Truck/ Crane for the loading/off-loading of equipment.
- Drives the Truck / Forklift when necessary.
- Completes delivery and collection log sheets daily.
- Receives goods and verifies that all goods received are in the correct quantity and in good working condition.
- Records equipment hours and damages where applicable.
- Ensures that all returned goods are accompanied by the relevant paper work, off-loaded in the designated area and checked off with the Rental Team Leader / Administrator.
- Conducts routine maintenance checks on the Truck/Crane e.g. vehicle inspection, service intervals, lubrication, tire change and annual inspection etc.
- Secures all accessories such as rope, strapping and ensures that all other safety procedures are followed.
- Conducts housekeeping activities at the Rental yard area.
- Adheres to all ISO Standards.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of two (2) O ’Level CXC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- A valid Heavy-T License.
- A Crane Operator’s Certificate would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A Team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.