The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of goods to customers. This position reports to the Senior Warehouse Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks and loads vehicles on a daily basis.
- Completes the Delivery Log Sheet.
- Ensures that goods are delivered in correct quantities and in good condition.
- Ensures that all returned goods are accompanied by the relevant paper work, off-loaded in the designated area and checked off with the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Communicates any problems encountered during delivery with the Senior Warehouse Supervisor.
- Assists as a Loader as required.
- Conducts routine maintenance checks on the vehicle e.g. vehicle inspection, service intervals, lubrication, tire change and annual inspection etc.
- Secures all accessories such as rope, strapping and ensures that all other safety procedures are followed.
- Ensures that the vehicle is maintained and kept in a clean and safe condition.
- Assists in the Warehouse when necessary.
- Adheres to all ISO Standards.
- Any other related responsibilities assigned by Management
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A minimum of two (2) GCE or CXC O’ Levels passes inclusive of Mathematics and English are required or
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar capacity
- A valid Driver’s Permit for a minimum of five (5) years.
- A valid Heavy “T” License.
- Police Certificate of Good Character.
- A Defensive Driving Certificate will be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.