The incumbent is responsible for enhancing corporate objectives by providing direction for the Lubricants Division in order to
attract new business by providing superior customer service both internally and externally, ensuring growth of market share
and maximising shareholder return. This position reports to the Director Marketing Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the development, implementation and execution of the strategic marketing plans for the Lubricants Division.
- Manages the Demand Planning and Procurement activities for the Lubricants Division, culminating in a cost-efficient demand and supply network for the Division’s product lines.
- Manages export duties related to regional expansion.
- Negotiates with suppliers to achieve better discount levels, reduce inland freight and understands pricing policies so as to achieve best prices, packaging, minimum orders etc.
- Monitors displays of Products at all branches and down trade to ensure availability and visibility.
- Ensures Product Training is completed at regular intervals and technical support is provided to our Sales Force, Service Department and other company’s personnel and customers as the need arises.
- Monthly ordering of stock and management of stock levels at all branches, general and bonded warehouses and achieving acceptable stock turns including slow and dead stock management.
- Identifies new items that add value to the core business. Evaluates items and makes recommendations to Directors.
- Understands the business objectives and formulates the strategies to meet them.
- Ensures the products/brands achieve desired key performance indicators.
- Analyses consumer data to determine suitable product offerings and their positioning.
- Monitors market trends and identifies new opportunity where appropriate.
- Determines price points and analyses Return on Investment.
- Works closely with all relevant departments to ensure successful delivery of products and services.
- Ensures that Administrative tasks regarding Inter-Warehouse Transfers, Delivery Notes, Trade Promotion, Material Request and Goods Returned Notes are be processed accurately and efficiently and any other administrative functions required to achieve goals.
- Develops a yearly sales and expense budget.
- Produces Monthly Reports relating to the Sales, Gross Profit, Profit, Cost and Inventory.
- Attends Credit Committee meetings on a monthly basis to discuss and provide updates on receivable status of all Lubricants sales.
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by the Director.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Sales and Marketing
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to motivate and direct others
- Must be a team player and be able to work in a fast paced environment