The incumbent is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Construction and Road Building Division. This position reports to the General Manager – Industrial Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops annual corporate plan, and formulates the relevant strategies to meet them.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Division
- Develops and manages annual sales and expense budgets
- Determines price points and manages profitability through quarterly reviews
- Produces monthly reports relating to the Sales, Gross Profit, Profit, Cost and Inventory of the Division
- Analyses consumer data to determine suitable product offerings, and their positioning.
- Monitors market trends and identifies new opportunities that add value to the core business
- Actively seeks to increase market share in line with Manufacturer’s set goals
- Determines relevant price tiers and analyses ROI for all products/services within the Division
- Communicates with vendors regarding custom solution applications, tender pricing, and other matters requiring special attention
- Negotiates with suppliers to achieve better discount levels, co-op funding for advertising, elimination of inland freight etc.
- Appraises pricing policies to achieve best prices, packaging, minimum orders etc.
- Develops brand image by engaging in promotional and advertising activities
- Monitors displays of products at all branches to ensure availability and visibility.
- Maintains working knowledge of all company products, services, pricing and promotions
- Conducts Product Training at regular intervals and provides technical support to both internal and external customers
- Conducts demos of heavy equipment and accessories to customers
- Stock management inclusive of ordering, the achievement of acceptable stock turns and the management of slow moving items
- Ensures that administrative tasks regarding transfers, the movement of goods, promotions, material request are processed within the stipulated time frame
- Works closely with all relevant departments to ensure successful delivery of products and services
- Performs other duties that may be required to enhance the operations of the Company.
- Any other related responsibilities that may be assigned by Management.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Tertiary Level qualification in Marketing or Engineering OR
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- The ability to operate Construction Equipment will be an asset
- Previous training from a supplier of Construction Equipment will be an asset
- Local travel requires that the candidate owns a reliable vehicle
- A valid Driver’s permit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- The ability to lead and motivate others
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- An appreciation of the importance of legal and regulatory frameworks