The incumbent will be required to establish export sales territories, determine and achieve export sales targets, analyze sales statistics, plan, coordinate and work through distributors to help grow the export business in line with the agreed objectives. This position is also responsible for planning, coordinating and managing brand and innovation activities in relation to achieving long-term agreed objectives. This position reports to the Managing Director/CEO.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Explore and actively pursues strategic, organic business growth opportunities for the Divisions.
- Works closely with the Divisions to determine appropriate marketing strategies and objectives for our brands and liaise with distributors to ensure successful roll out.
- Evaluates business ideas by conducting research and providing financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Assists in identifying portfolio gaps and developing and implementing a Business Development Plan to close gaps that is in line with the division’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Drives all sales activities for all export products of the division and ensures achievement of all export sales and gross margin targets
- Assists in the preparation of territory sales, advertising and travel budgets
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities for sales growth in new and existing markets
- Designs required marketing and sales program for assigned territory in collaboration with distributors and ensures same is successfully implemented
- Develops appropriate pricing models for each market and conducts regular price reviews and audits to ensure optimal pricing and profitability
- Maintains working knowledge on all competitor activities in each market
- Maintains relationships with company distributors for all assigned territories and performs regular visits and audits
- Periodically reviews and recommends appropriate distributors for all assigned regions
- Prepares all contracts with distributors in accordance with all legal regulations
- Maintains knowledge on all products and develops training programs for product training as required
- Participates in various exhibitions and seminars to showcase product portfolio in an effort to achieve new business
- Liaises with regulatory bodies to ensure all legal and regulatory requirements for the importation and sale of products are satisfied including new product registration
- Manages and evaluates all stock and sales reports as submitted by distributors to ensure adequate stock cover and takes the appropriate action where necessary.
- Prepares rolling sales forecast by SKU for production planning for adequate stock cover.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- A minimum of five (5) years sales and marketing at least 2 of which should be in export sales.
- Fluency in Spanish will be an asset.
- Customer Focused - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trusts and respect. Committed to growth and development of our people
- Team Oriented - Usually operates in a team format; talks ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘the team’ vs ’I’; gets the whole team motivated and enthused; creates strong morale and spirit within the team; runs participative meetings and processes; fosters open dialogue; shares credit with the team for successes; adds people to strengthen the team; team performance does not suffer when a key person moves on; trusts the team to perform; let’s people finish and be responsible for their work; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; Defines success in terms of the whole team
- Flexible/Change Embracing - Comfortable with and open to change and considerable variety in the workplace; challenges constructively but then goes along with change; can support things may not totally agree with; easily makes transitions to the new and different; open to the views of others; is optimistic and views changes as opportunities; thinks and talks beyond today – visualizes a different and better outcome; thinks and talks about possibilities, as well as consequences; solution oriented; willing to adjust to each situation
- Results Oriented - Can be counted on to consistently produce results and even exceed goals successfully; plans and sets priorities well; is organised and gets things done on time and in time; can produce results under a variety of conditions; is constantly and consistently a top performer; bottom-line oriented; pushes self and others to achieve results; takes calculated risks; goes the extra mile; can see hidden and difficult problems; solution oriented
- Trustworthy/Integrity- Being honest and ethical. Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Energy/Drive/Initiative - Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges. Makes things happen for self; doesn't wait for others to open doors.
- Entrepreneurial - Willing to take risks in the achievement of objectives in order to obtain a profit
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Self-Control/Emotional Intelligence - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Innovation/Creativity - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Bias for Action - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Not afraid of failure - Learns from past mistakes. Treats any mistakes or failures as chances to learn and designs feedback loops to be as immediate as possible.
- Ownership - Owns the process as well as the result. Does not shirk personal responsibility
All applications are to be submitted no later than January 19th, 2023