To provide technical support to sales and marketing teams across all products and services offered under the Lubricants Division as well as also creates avenues for regional expansion of existing and new products and services in the industrial, commercial and automotive lubrication markets. This position reports directly to the Division Manager - Lubricants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides proactive technical lubrication support across the local consumer, commercial, industrial, and marine markets.
- Troubleshoots lubrication related problems on rotating equipment.
- Acts as the Technical liaison between Shell and Castrol’s technical team and the local distributor.
- Manages the Oil Condition Monitoring Program to local and regional customers.
- Conducts technical seminars on products fundamentals and theory to customers, prospects and internal staff
- Negotiates and manages service contracts for technical services extended to industrial customers.
- Develops, manages, executes and supports the Division’s product portfolio expansion to offer a wider basket of products.
- Supports supply chain operations for both the buy in and sell out aspects for products designated. This includes but is not limited to forecasting demand and managing stock rotation.
- Creates standard operating procedures for the warehousing, supply chain and sales force operations.
- Provides general support for sales and marketing related activities, including but not limited to: preparing quotations and tenders, managing house accounts, conducting stock checks, assisting with promotional campaigns and performing support functions in the absence of other sales and technical personnel.
- Assists other Divisions in determining customer needs and visiting customers as required either independently or with the relevant Team Members.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Division Manager or the Director.
Academic Qualifications, Experience and Soft Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in a related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years related experience.
- Certification as an Oil Monitoring Analyst would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products.
- Sound working knowledge of various heavy equipment and general industrial plant maintenance practices.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- The ability to analyse technical data.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team Oriented.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.